Monday, February 19, 2018

HIATUS + Manga Classics: Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen, Stacy King, Po Tse


Title: Manga Classics: Pride & Prejudice
Author: Jane Austen, Stacy King, Po Tse
Publisher: Udon Entertainment
Genre: Manga, Classic
Publication: August 19, 2014


My Rating: 5/5

Beloved by millions the world over, Pride & Prejudice is delightfully transformed in this bold new manga adaptation. All of the joy, heartache, and romance of Jane Austen's original, perfectly illuminated by the sumptuous art of manga-ka Po Tse, and faithfully adapted by Stacy E. King. 

Beloved by millions the world over, Pride & Prejudice is delightfully transformed in this bold new manga adaptation. All of the joy, heartache, and romance of Jane Austen's original, perfectly illuminated by the sumptuous art of manga-ka Po Tse, and faithfully adapted by Stacy E. King. Beloved by millions the world over, Pride & Prejudice is delightfully transformed in this bold new manga adaptation. All of the joy, heartache, and romance of Jane Austen's original, perfectly illuminated by the sumptuous art of manga-ka Po Tse, and faithfully adapted by Stacy E. King.



Hello!!

So, if you follow my blog, I guess you've seen that I haven't been posting much lately. I'm in a place in my life, where it's been a little hard to pursue this hobby of mine, meaning reading + reviewing.

That doesn't mean that I'll stop altogether, I know that's not what I want, although the new blog design that I mentioned, that I was doing myself, probably won't be possible at the moment. I hope you can bear with me on this :(

I'll stay around, I love doing this. I'll just be less present and sharing less reviews.

Now, let's leave that sad topic behind and concentrate on the good stuff. Another Pride and Prejudice review!

This time it's in the form of a manga. And it's pure perfection!

I had already read the Emma adaptation, and I really enjoyed it, so I obviously had to get my hands on this. Lucky for me, I got this as a present... twice, ahem (a lot of people are well aware of my love for P&P).

I have to start off by saying that this version is a bit more "funny" than the original, although please let's still not forget how witty Jane Austen really was. The original P&P has a lot of funny parts in it, even if many people don't easily see it.

Mrs Bennet, who is usually so annoying and unlikable, was just hilarious in this! She's a perfect manga character, that she definitely is. Oh and Mr Collins as well! So lucky I got to see them being adapted to manga.

The art is really amazing. I think Darcy was drawn perfectly, it fit his personality so well! Didn't love Elizabeth's hair though, but I'll live.

As for the plot, there's a little extra ending here, which I really enjoyed! I think almost any Darcy and Elizabeth lover will appreciate it.

Definitely recommend this to all Pride and Prejudice fans, and people who'd like to read a lighter version of the book.

Thank you for reading! ♥

2 comments:

  1. 🌟 Best Option Chain Analysis Software in India for 2024
    https://banknifty.today/option-chain-analysis-software/
    Are you seeking the ultimate edge in the Indian stock market for 2024? Look no further – the best Option Chain Analysis Software is here to transform your trading game. In this article, we will unveil the top software in India for 2024, equipping you with the tools to make smarter trading decisions.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...